I'm coming up with a list of enhancements we'd like to see for the current 9.1SP8 cross-listing/merge enrollments feature. We're coming from the Bb Section Merge Tool (SMT), so some of it comes from features we've used there.
- Allow instructors to create the merge
- Allow one-to-many feeds (e.g., one source site could be the child of multiple target sites)
- Document some migration path between the SMT and the new course merge
- Instructors > My Courses module should indent the child sites (and allow for expansion/collapse) or allow child sites to be hidden completely from view
- Tools that communicate with students (Announcements, Messages, Send Email) should be able to use Child Course membership to select audience
- Adaptive Release should be able to use Child Course membership
- Groups should be able to use Child Course membership when creating groups
- Grade Center / SmartViews - allow criteria Child Course ID condition "is blank" or "does not contain" (which is useful if you are merging enrollments into section 01 for instance, and want a smartview of section 01)
Before I submit, I wanted to see if anyone else had things on their wish list...